The pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers, Windows Developer Preview is available to download now. The downloads include prerelease software in three flavors:
- Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64) – 4.8 GB iso file
- Windows Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64) – 3.6 GB iso file
- Windows Developer Preview English, 32-bit (x86)- 2.8 GB iso file
Once installed in a system, the Windows Developer Preview can’t be uninstalled. To reinstall the previous operating system, the system should either be restored or reinstalled from the original installation media.
The system requirement for the Windows Developer Preview are similar to the hardware requirements of Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
Microsoft unveiled Windows 8 earlier today at Microsoft’s BUILD conference in Anaheim, California.