If you want to create a preview screenshot of a video, you can use Media Player Classic (MPC). The MPC is a free media player – a very useful tool to view any type of media in computer. There are many different ways to take screenshot of a video, depending on the program you choose. MPC is one of the easiest and most popular way of creating screenshot of a video.
Here, MPC is used to create two different types of screenshots of a video.
- Single Image
- Multiple images – time stamped thumbnails
Part 1 – Single Image screenshot
Step by step method of creating Single Image screenshot
1. Open a video file in MPC and move to the position where you want to take the screenshot.
2. File –> Save Image …
4. Final output
Part 2 – Multiple images – time stamped thumbnails
1. Open the video
2. Navigate to File –> Save Thumbnails … as in the step 2 above
3. In the ‘Save As’ dialogue, there are a few more advanced options when compared to the step 3 in single image screenhot.
4. Choose optimum number of thumbnails in rows and columns and choose the aggregate width of the image in pixels and click Save.
The output when thumbnails have 3 rows and 3 columns is posted below:
The same video in 2 rows and 2 column has less number of thumbnails but the total size is same as above – so, the thumbs are bigger in this scree
The output thumbnails will feature details
Credits: This tutorial is prepared for xnepali forum members. The video used in the tutorial is the trailer of a Nepali movie ‘The Betrayal’, sent by one of the crew of the movie.
Incoming search terms:
- how to take movie screenshots in mpch