Here are the top ten SEO tools and plug-ins every webmasters should use for better search optimization:
This powerful tool gives users a wide range of SEO parameters. Using it is similar to hiring a personal assistant, without the chit-chat facilities.
- a quick overview of number of links to page and domain
- number of internal & external links from individual pages
- age of domain
- keyword density and
- other important SEO factors of a page
Open Site Explorer
This is one of the best link analysis tools around, found for free. This tool is essential for any link building campaign that shows up to 10,000 links to a page or site based on Page Authority or Domain Authority.
- See the anchor text used
- compare two domains side by side, and
- which content is drawing the most links on your competitor’s website.
- a good sorting and filtering option for reports and can be exported to CSV for further analysis.
It lets you check what type of redirect is in place for any individual page.
SEO Book Tool Bar
Where would a workman be without his toolkit? This is another great toolbar which contains a lot of valuable and essential tools of the trade. It has many of the same features as SEO Quake but also a few more hidden up its sleeve. You can compare up to 5 different sites which is great for link analysis for competitor research and another great gem is an easy no follow link highlighter.
This spider simulator tool displays shows the source code of a page, and identifies all outbound links on the page, provides cached copies of the page, the number of indexed pages in major search engines, and common words and phrases found in the page copy.
XML Sitemap Generator
Creating XML sitemaps is a key part of technical SEO. It helps you monitor broken links and is particularly useful if your site has dynamic content or has a large archive of content pages that are not well linked to.
This tool lets you enter your full website URL and some optional parameters and then provides a detailed sitemap page, including the number of pages, broken links list, XML file content and a link to a compressed sitemap. It is FREE up to a maximum of 500 pages and you can manually or automatically adjust the priority of pages.
You can check important server and hosting details via this tool.
Google Webmaster Tools:
Webmaster tools let’s to see
- an overview of your site,
- broken links
- http error pages
- Geo Targeting
- submitting of sitemaps.
Two of the more recent additions is the search query feature, which lets you see the number of impressions for search queries, the CTR you are achieving for it and an average ranking position. Another addition is the subscriber stats for your site. Go have a look and boost you ego.
As explained from the horse’s mouth “this tool determines how well a site is targeted to region-specific search engines”. Great for small local businesses as it
- helps to understand where search engines think you website is located, and how this may be affecting targeting a specific audience.
- highlights your local online presence by providing a list of local search results for the 3 major search engines for your brand name and website.
Incoming search terms: