Meta keyword is one of the most important way to optimize your website’s search ranking. Search engines use meta keyword to filter sites for the search result of query occurred by their search tool. Keywords however should be properly selected to benefit from it. The keywords should be related to the blog in question and unnecessary or mis-leading keywords can adversely affect the site.
Many blogger (blogspot) users ask question on how to add meta keyword in their blog. Those who have used custom made themes in their blog might have already figured it out but for those who doesn’t know add meta description: follow the method explained below.
1. Sign in to your blogger
2. Click "Layout" tab in Dashboard
3. Click "Edit HTML". (Precaution: Before you change any code, make a habit of backing up your code by clicking “Download Full Template” link. In worst case, you can restore the previous code)
4. Search following line of code (you can use Ctrl+F to find it)
<b:include data="blog" name="all-head-content" />
5. Copy the following code below the code from step 4.
<meta content='DESCRIPTION' name='description'/> <meta content='KEYWORDS' name='keywords'/> <meta content='AUTHOR' name='author'/>
6. Replace the WORDS (with bold capital letters) with your appropriate values.
7. Click on "Save Template" (don’t forget this most important step 🙂 )
You are all done. I wish you all the best with your blog.