Question: There are some spammers following me in Twitter. How do I delete those from my twitter followers list?
Answer: These followers can’t do any harm to you. But, if you insist on removing from being a follower. Here are two tricks (I will tell the difference between the two at the end of the post):
Method 1 – Blocking
- Log in Twitter. Go to your list of followers.
- Select the follower you want to remove.
- Click on the Gear icon on their profile (see image) and click "Block **** " to block the user.
Blocking is a drastic move and the person blocked might know about you blocking him/her. A safe method is to remove the person from the follower list quietly.
Method 2 – Removing (If you think, BLOCK function is a bit harsh)
- Go to the "Settings" page and set your updates to private ("Protect my tweets" in screenshot below). Twitter will ask password. Yes, you will undo this step later.
- Return to your followers list. Click on Gear icon to show ‘delete’ option.
- Repeat step 1 to unprotect your tweets.