Change Case in MS Word 2007

If you have recently upgraded from Word 2003 it would be difficult to find things you could do by clicking the menus. It took some time for me to find the “change case” option and was surprised to find it was right in front of me all the time.

First let me tell you the easier and faster way.

Type or copy-paste following sentence in Word 2007:

the quick brown dog jumped over the lazy dog.
Selecting it and one press of Shift+F3 changes it to

The quick brown dog jumped over the lazy dog.

Another press of Shift+F3 changes it to


Now remove the full-stop (dot) at the end and repeat the Shift+F3 again you will also get the title case conversion like:
The Quick Brown Dog Jumped Over The Lazy Dog

That was short-cut method. The usual way to do the same thing is either by menu or toolbar. As you know there is no menu in Word 2007, you can use the toolbar in the home ‘ribbon’

The procedure:

1. Select the text you’d like to change
2. Click the Change Case button in the Font section of the Home ribbon (the button has an upper case and lower case A)
3. You have a variety of options from which to choose. For example, you can choose lowercase, uppercase or toggle case (as shown in figure)
4. Select the option you want

Your text will change to match your selection.


One thought on “Change Case in MS Word 2007

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *