Updated: March 7 ticks and crosses added. New post on the media event.
Well, it is fun to follow Apple rumors. I had been bombarded with various speculations and rumors. I am creating a checklist to see how many of those rumors held good by March 7 (this post will be updated on that day).
Today, immediately after the financial network CNBC incorrectly claimed that the Apple event will be held in New York, Apple announced the event, to held in it’s usual location in San Francisco. The network corrected itself by saying – New York will play a “key” role in next week’s announcement.
- Apple special event to be held on March 7, 2012
- – Apple special event to be held in usual Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, Calif.
- Apple special event to be held on Setve Job’s birthday (February 24, 2012) – Economy Daily
- Apple event to be held in NYC (as claimed by CNBC, and Dalrymple’s reply )
More unconfirmed rumors (Some are still unclear):
- New iPad to be named “iPad 3″
- Quad-core processor in iPad
- Faster dual core processor with enhanced graphics in iPad
- New processor to be named A5X
- New processor to be named A6
- Retina Display in iPad (a resolution of 2,048 by 1,536 pixels)
- $80 premium to the price of iPad
- 4G LTE connectivity in iPad
- 8 MP camera in iPad (though, a 5 MP might be enough)
- More tapered edge in new iPad
- An 8-inch iPad
- Apple will also release Apple TV set top box (Macrumors)
- new iPad to be 0.8 mm thicker (Apple.pro rumor)
- Near immediate availability of announced product (9to5Mac)
- Absence of home button (Gizmodo)
- Will it be called iPad HD ?
- New Smart Cover to include a rear cover to protect the iPad’s aluminum backside (Ars).
- New iPad to be released in initial launch markets on March 16th (Fox News)
- 1 GB RAM (last minute rumor)
- $99 Apple care plan (last minute rumor)
Chinese site WeiPhone posted a photo claiming to be the logic board of iPad 3 showing an "A5X" written on the chip. The forum post indicates that the new processor in upcoming iPad won’t be A6 processor as rumored. Although the image can be of a test model or a prototype, the date code says "1146" – meaning the processor was manufactured in the 46th week of 2011, i.e. third week of November.
Now, it is also uncertain whether it will be called an iPad 3 or an iPad 2S or something like that. Let’s compare the iPad 2 logic board. The following image from iFixit website shows iPad 2 logic board with A5 processor on board. Comparing the two, it is clear that the new logic board is much more compact with less empty space in it.
Nobody is sure if it is called iPad3 or not, but the next generation iPad is going to be released in the first week of March (probably on March 7). Few of the important things that might be featured in iPad 3 are:
- High resolution "Retina" display featuring twice the resolution of iPad 2 (full resolution of 2048×1536).
- Bigger battery – probably better battery life
- Better camera
- Better graphics and processing power
- 4G LTE networking
Of course, none of these specification are confirmed but, many of them are based on the data collected from supply chain and leaked parts iPads.
Apple is known to surprise people by omitting some of the oblivious and offer unexpected added benefits.
A nice introduction to animation. Simple lines used to illustrate how things can be moved by using different frames.
An online survey by a match making website shows that while comparing iOS, Android and BlackBerry phone users, Android mobile phone users were found to have a higher chance of sex on the first date. An internet surveys on 1,068 Canadian singles conducted from October 13 to 15 of 2011 was analyzed to come to these conclusion.
The dating site Match.com found that 62 percent of Android using singles have had sex on the first date. The percentage of iPhone and BlackBerry users who had sex on the first date were 57 percent and 48 percent respectively. Summarizing the result:
Sex on first date:
- Android users – 62 %
- iOS users – 57%
- BlackBerry – 48 %
One night stands:
- Android users – 55 %
- iOS users – 50%
- BlackBerry – 47.6 %
Visiting dating websites:
- Android users – 72 %
- iOS users – 58%
- BlackBerry – 50 %
When the users were surveyed for office romance, it was found to be highest among iPhone users. Nearly 1/4th of the iPhone user respondents of the survey admitted of having a romance with a colleague in the last five years.
72 percent of Blackberry users admitted drinking alcohol on the first date.