Posted on June 21st, 2011 No comments
After the successful launch of Firefox, version 4, in March, the next major release of Firefox, Firefox 5, came as a surprise to many. Although this release is not as big in terms of features and speed, there are good enough reasons to celebrate it’s release
A few of the notable features in the latest release are:
- App Tabs is a cool way to keep some website as ‘permanent home’.
- Tab group looks great to organize the open tabs
Performance improvements include:
- "Do Not Track" feature gives more control to the users on how their browsing behavior is tracked in the Web
- New Firefox is faster than its previous releases. It also is lighter.
- Improved support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas
- More stable and more secure
- Most importantly, it is open source and secure
If you want to try the new release please download it from this link.
<<<-- Previous Post: British Teenager suspected for LulzSec attack
-->>> Next Post: Lytro to redefine photography with a new camera